Saturday, October 17, 2009

Before and After (10-17-09) Updated 10-18-09

Well I managed to get a few things done today... this is the trestle side table I posted yesterday... It was screaming at me to prim it... so here it is...

this is that typical raw pine with a shelac...

much better , at least I think so... I found this chair in a thirft store about 6 years ago... they actually make a nice couple, don't you think?

it's all about fun this weekend... the plain black was just too boring for me...
had to spice it up a bit... (SOLD)


Doll's cradle... I made the blanket and pillow with thrifted material and iron on tape... perfect size for a cat or small dog bed...
this was just a handmade raw pine mailbox... this colour is gorgeous... the screen is not showing the true colour as usual... I painted it with an oil base paint and it is taking forever to dry...

well I had a bit of fun with this one too... the paint was very old and wasn't quite drying the way it should... so I sanded it a bit and added the rub on letters, stained and sealed it... it is sure a prim piece now... I am just not satisfied until I "dirty" it

a towel or jewelry holder... before

 
all ready for that prim washroom... just need some pretty towels and we're good to go...

10 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Nice makeovers. The little "you've got mail" box is cute.

Tracy said...

Hi Deb. Your makeovers turned out great! I love those rub ons. So easy and you can not tell they aren't painted! Great ideas! Thanks. Have a wonderful day!

Proper Prim said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment... I appreciate your kindness...

Anonymous said...

Love that first table! Great makeovers. Hope you're having a great weekend...
PK @ ROOM REMIX

Beverly said...

You have some serious talent. You need to do a tutorial!

Barbara Jean said...

Deb,

Thanks for coming by to visit.
I guess even if i had bird nests blowing into my yard, i still would have wanted the challenge of learning to make 'em. =0)

Love your transformations!!

Have a super week.

blessings

barbara jean

Barbara Jean said...

Hi
I just noticed you signed up to follow my blog.

Thank you
I hope you enjoy your visits.

barbara jean

Beverly said...

Deb,
The tutorial I would like to see is how you paint something (OK that part I know how to do) and then "dirty" it up. I nebver can figure out how to make things look old.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love that table! The checkerboard is a nice touch on top, too. It does match that chair very nicely.

mkelton24 said...

I too, love primative pieces! You have turned this items into such fun new finds! I am always on the look out for a new project! thanks for all the great ideas!