Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Laundry Decor Inspiration

As I was combing through my new book "The Find" THE HOUSING WORK BOOK of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details (that's how he always refers to it on his blog) by Stan Williams who you might recognize as The Elegant Thrifter ... I came across a great inspiration pic for the laundry room... this book is loaded with inspiration pics, well worth the purchase.

I had this large jar tucked under a cabinet just waiting for a moment like this... clothes pins were in a bag in the laundry room just screaming to be let out...

I sometimes get mad at myself for hanging on to things a little too long... but you just never know when you are going to run across something that helps you put it all together... thanks Stan.

Update: Stan was so kind to post my inspiration pic on his blog... thanks so much Stan for the honour.  It wouldn't have happened without your wonderful book. 


They used Scrabble tiles but seeing I didn't have any I had to settle for old blocks which I just happened to have the right letters for this...


now my photos don't even come close to the pros' so you will just have to settle for the amateur version... I put the word pins inside the jar...


perfect for a shelf...

2 comments:

KimMalk said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'd love to see your skinny clocks--do I get a residual check? Just joking:).
@cheapchichome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Deb,

I'm so glad you found some inspiration. I know, the title of my book is long! If you ever feel like referring to it again, be my guest to call it simply The Find. Love your laundry decor. I'm sure you'll find more. Stan